Monday 15 December 2014

Merry Christmas

We're definitely coming up to Christmas now and I guess it's Christmas card season. This may well be my last blog of the year, so a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.


Round Robin letters seem to have become practically a Christmas institution, so here's mine. This time last year, I was desperately looking for somebody to publish my book set around the British invasion of Buenos Aires in 1806. The news that Accent were going to take it up came while we were away for the holidays and made it my best Christmas ever. Burke in the Land of Silver (originally titled His Majesty’s Confidential Agent) was published in April, followed by Burke and the Bedouin in October. I've just finished Burke at Waterloo and that should be published in time for the 200th anniversary of the battle next June.

Accent have also republished The White Rajah, my story based on the life of James Brooke of Sarawak.

It’s made it a special year. Besides writing, research trips took me to Portsmouth and Paris. We also went to Iceland, because it’s an amazing country and we hadn’t been there before.

Good times!

I hope your year was as much fun.


(The photo shows Ham House in Surrey. I took it in 2009.)

No comments:

Post a Comment